Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Taint-free taintation


Obviously, I like cover songs quite a bit, but here's a version of an original where the cover became more famous:




Gloria Jones---"Tainted Love"

I will admit to liking both this version and the Soft Cell version, but then again, I have a soft spot for soulfree 80s New Wave. The song I got off the peerless box set Beg, Scream and Shout. It's on the first of the two Scream discs, which are my favorite discs. However, the Beg ones have the pull of the Jackson 5 kicking some soulful ass.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2007 at 5:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that I love Tainted Love's version more. It amazes me, though, how many people do not realize that Soft Cell totally covered that song.
Aw... I'm late to class! dangit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home